From 1 September Investa employees who plan to start – or add to – their families are entitled to a range of new benefits.
The progressive parental leave policy is applicable to all full time and part time employees regardless of length of service at Investa. New entitlements include:
- 16 weeks’ paid leave for primary carers
- Primary carers leave can be taken within 18 months of birth (or stillbirth)
- 4 weeks’ paid leave for secondary carers
- 3 days’ paid pre-natal leave to assist pregnant women or spouses with appointments
- 10 days’ paid ‘special pregnancy leave’ to support employees who encounter complications or miscarriage
- 5 days’ paid grandparent leave
- Paid Foster parent leave
- Assisted reproduction treatment leave
Investa Group Executive, People & Culture Amy Wild said significant market research, competitor analysis and employee engagement was undertaken before the proposed changes were approved.
“Investa prides itself on being an employer of choice within the commercial real estate sector by putting its people first,” she explained.
“We are delighted to introduce these industry leading changes to support our staff to balance family needs with career development.
“We understand that not all journeys to parenthood are the same and this new policy reflects that. We believe it will help to cater for all, regardless of gender or circumstances.
“In the unfortunate case of a miscarriage or stillbirth our employees can be assured that they will receive the necessary support and leave from Investa.”
Learn more about careers at Investa here